The procurement process at GW will vary based on the source of the funds used to pay for the purchase. University funds are far less restrictive with regard to the necessary procurement actions than that of Federal dollars expended through grants and contracts. For more information on what is required for your purchase, please see the Procurement Guidelines Matrix (PDF).
A number of purchasing and expense reporting methods are utilized at GW, including:
- Purchase orders are the primary buying method for purchases over $3,000.
- The GW Procurement Card (P-Card) is a corporate credit card that can be used to make small dollar purchases (under $3,000) necessary to conduct GW business.
- iBuy+ Expense Reporting is the university's online application to report P-card transactions and to reimburse GW employees for business related expenses, such as meals and travel costs.
- iBuy+ Travel Services is the university's online full service travel application that enable you to plan and purchase business travel quickly and easily.
- iBuy+ Goods & Services is the university's online supplier marketplace enabling authorized faculty and staff to browse supplier catalogs and select and order products from many of the university's preferred contract suppliers.
- A number of University-Wide Agreements have been negotiated to further maximize GW's buying power. These include goods and services such as catering, mobile phones, temporary staffing, shredding and more.
Our Procurement Methods Table will help you easily which payment method is right for a specific purchase.