The Stipend Management Application (SMA) is used to create, monitor and approve stipends that are authorized at the departmental level and to submit for payment the monthly amounts necessary to fulfill the university’s commitment toward these students. SMA provides:
- An automated workflow to ensure that stipend payments are approved by the correct individuals
- A mechanism for restricting the creation and approval of stipends that do not follow the appropriate approval path
- Departments the ability to make changes to existing stipends online
- Departments the ability to approve and release payments monthly prior to the due date
To access the SMA, go to myGW portal and complete the following steps:
- Click on Sign In at the top left corner of the page
- Click on the Tools and Resources tab
- Click on the Stipend Management Application (SMA) link located at the top right corner in the Enterprise Systems section.
- Basic SMA navigation tips are available. If you are having a technical problem with SMA, submit a ticket with the Division of Information Technology Support Center.
Stipend recipients are encouraged to receive payments electronically. Simply complete the Authorization Form and return to GW's Payroll Services.
45155 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147