Procure-to-Pay (P2P) is responsible for both the university’s as well as the MFA's procurement of goods and services. It accomplishes this by offering multiple methods of purchasing items via the iBuy+ system, through electronic requisitioning i Oracle, or by use of a P-Card. P2P also is responsible for supplier registration, travel, and expense reimbursements through Concur. Our goal is to serve the faculty, students and staff by facilitating the timely acquisition of goods and services meeting the needs of the enterprise at a competitive price, and justifying the supplier selection and pricing to meet enterprise policies and the requirements of external auditors.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
- Set the standard for supply management.
- Achieve recognition as a leading supply management organization and to be competitive with best-in-class in the private industry.
- To leverage our institutional knowledge, procurement expertise, and technology in pursuance of providing solutions to our customers and optimal financial return-on-investment to the the enterprise.
- Accountability for effective stewardship of all business practices.
- Adaptability to effectively change course to meet situational and environmental demands. Collaboration resulting in effective teamwork and strong partnerships across the university, and with external strategic business partners.
- Customer responsiveness resulting from engaging customers, incorporating feedback to improve service.
- Skills development to build the knowledge to grow and excel in individual and divisional roles.
- Workplace diversity to embrace various backgrounds and perspectives in the workforce to best serve our broad customer base.
All purchasing activities conducted on behalf of the University and the MFA, whether performed by P2P or any other employee, must be in compliance with the following ethical standards:
- Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions, and communications.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the enterprise by diligently following the lawful instructions, using reasonable care and only the authority granted.
- Refrain from any private business or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the the enterprise.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting money, loans, credits, or prejudicial discounts, and the acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favors or services from present or potential suppliers, which might influence, or appear to influence procurement decisions. Supplier paid site visits or training for employees are not permitted unless stipulated as part of a formal supplier contract that was reviewed and approved by P2P.
- Know and obey the letter and spirit of laws governing the procurement function and remain alert to the legal ramifications of purchasing decisions.
- Demonstrate support for socially responsible purchasing to include economic inclusion initiatives and sustainable purchasing programs.
- Do not use Procure-to-Pay systems for personal purchases, or use the enterprise’s buying power for personal benefit.
- Conduct international procurement in accordance with the laws, customs, and practices of foreign countries, consistent with United States laws, the enterprise's financial policies and procedures and the above ethical standards.