International Transactions


Conducting business transactions in foreign countries or with foreign entities creates unique challenges for ensuring our suppliers are paid properly. Different forms, payment methods and payment terms may be required to remain compliant with all local, national and international laws. 

To ensure efficient and effective international transactions, please contact Procurement and Accounts Payable in advance of your transaction. This will help avoid misunderstandings between the university and the service or goods provider.

For all international transactions, the Supplier (Payee) must be registered and active in our Supplier Maintenance database. For international suppliers, this requires a W-8BEN rather than a W-9. Accounts Payable's International Transactions process outlines additional steps to ensure timely and accurate payments.

If payment by P-Card is possible, please consider this option. Payment in local currency (foreign currency) is preferred due to the preferable rates offered by the banks issuing our P-Cards. For more information or questions about international P-Card transactions, please call the P-Card office at 571-553-4267.