V. Contract Review and Approval Process
With the Office of General Counsel
If a transaction is not handled by the Procurement and Travel Services Department or any of the specific university offices discussed in Section IV, the Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) should be contacted directly.
There are templates available for some purposes that, when used, may expedite the process. Please confirm with OGC regarding the use and execution of any template or form-based contracts. Contact your Finance Director to find out more.
Examples of Contractual Transactions Reviewed by the Office of General Counsel
- Academic agreements including affiliations and collaborations with other institutions in the U.S. or overseas
- Certain professional services, such as auditors, search firms, or outside counsel
- Purchase and sale of specialized goods, such as works of art or relics
- Publication agreements
- Educational database access
- Performance agreements, including entertainment, speeches, and presentations
- Liability waivers and releases
- Nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Amendments to existing contracts previously handled by OGC
- Other unique or specialized transactions
If you believe you need to develop an agreement of any kind that is not listed above and are uncertain how it should be handled, please contact the Procurement and Travel Services Department at [email protected] or OGC at [email protected] for guidance.